Location: Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province, Pakistan
After the fall of Sikhs in 1849 and annexation of Punjab to the British Empire, a Military Garrison was established at Peshawar during 1868 on the remains of old town site and ancient grave yards. The boundaries of Peshawar Cantt were 1st notified vide Punjab Gazette Notification No. 279, dated 7-11-1898. The boundaries were extended in 1943 vide Govt of India Notification No. 10/14/G/CEL, dated 27-11-1943.